Monday, October 23, 2006

Family, Friends & Fun


Family, Friends & Fun. What more could you ask for in one weekend? Here is a short summary of my Oct. 21-22 weekend so that next time I am making excuses not to drive home I can remind myself how fun a trip home can be:

1. I got to celebrate Calvin's 33rd by tasting all sorts of Latin American fare and hang'n with old friends. I also got to see Sophia who is getting big in a hurry. She'll probably be taller than me by the time she enters third grade.
2. I spent a little time and got a free lunch with the Brown's during the middle of a bike ride around B'ham. Bryan had just finished a Mtn. bike ride when I stopped by their house unannounced.

3. I saw a large proportion of the family, including my niece and nephew, Hazel and Lucas. Hazel is a little monster, or at least she sure sounds like one! I also got to hang out with my brother while doing a little work on his new dock.

4. I went on a great kayak trip to Saddlebag Island on the way to Bellingham. Although, it was sunny and I was on the saltwater the sea breezes weren't exactly ideal. The wind and the cold of autumn chilled my bare hands and gave me some rosy cheeks. At one point, I startled a sea lion who was floating at the surface. I actually think he was sleeping as his eyes were closed and he was just kinda floating along with the current. I had the island to myself for most of the visit, except for the island deer who I startled. This island is a little small for deer so I wasn't surpised when I found an area on the island where everything sorta reeked of urine. Obviously, I found the deer latrine!

1 comment:

JustRun said...

Looks like a great visit- totally worth the drive.