Friday, August 19, 2005

Caught in the Tides


The other day I was taking a break from kayaking, just hanging-out on the beach when I spotted a tennis ball in the breaking waves. The waves would rocket the ball onto the beach at every break and then capture it in the receding water and pull it back to sea. The ball could never quite get a hold on the beach and was being forever tossed and turned in the surf. In fact the waves were slowly directing the ball from one end of the beach to the other end. I know it sounds a little simplistic and corny but sometimes, or at least lately, I feel like that ball being tossed one way or the other, never quite free to make my own path and never quite able to grasp onto something solid. Then again there is something to be said for just enjoying the ride. Or in this case, just surfing the wave! Who knows maybe that ball will end it's journey on the other side of the Pacific!

No comments: